Weight loss is not a physical challenge, but a MENTAL one and things changed when you've done the hardest part of the weight loss journey where you've admitted that you are over weight and you want to do something about it. The next few days, few weeks, few months or even few years going to be tough yet incredible. They are going to sweaty but worthy too.
Last Friday, I'd stared this fitness diary and posted my story. I'm so happy that I've got an over-whelming response and a great connect with this series. Weight loss is an absolute life changer and today I'll be sharing some easy tips on how to start weight loss process. If you've read my previous article, you know I have had been heavy my entire life, at my largest I was 220 lbs and a size 20. I made a decision earlier this year in March to get healthy, stay fit and get active.
I'm sharing some tips, which I'd followed before starting, I hope you will find them helpful :
- After realizing the actual reason, its important to make sure you're putting yourself into a right zone.You must think ''I'm Doing It For Myself'' if you're not doing this way you are not ready then and you won't succeed.
- If you have any health concerns or medical history, you must talk to your doctor. You need to have a conversation about your weight loss before starting it as he/she will be able to give you a perfect plan and exercise plan according to your current health along with telling you what pitfalls to avoid.
- Set your target and align your support in a form of friend and family who will support and encourage you during your journey and can motivate you when you're down. THIS is the major key to success before you kick start your journey to line them up as a strong pillar.
- Gear yourself up and get the goods for a new beginning and NEW YOU. For workouts, you will need a good pair of shoes, sweat shirts and pants or proper workout clothes, water bottle, calorie counter. You will be needing some pots, measuring spoons and cups, small plates and may be utensils for preparing a healthy meal.
- Choose a healthy lifestyle, just don't DIET.
- Choose a workout best suited for you. It's important to do this before you start. Get recommendations from your doctor, or do some online research according to your preferences or hire a personal trainer. Either way, its important to have a proper workout regime because life style change alone won't help you.
- Set some realistic goals. Don't set some unrealistic, unbeatable goals because that will only discourage you. Whilst choosing workout regime with your doctor or a personal trainer outline some realistic and small milestones for a week or a month that you can achieve with hard work, dedication and commitment. Higher and unrealistic target will set you on failure and resulting you in disappointment.
- You MUST leave your comfort zone and decide whats more important to you. A pizza or a healthy lean body? A flabby body in XXL or a beautiful toned body in size M or S ?
That's it. These tips will give you a kick start and I'll wait for an update if you are going to incorporate these changes in your life in an upcoming week. and I'm sure you'll start seeing results in no time. It's NOW or NEVER. You decide, what you want? Make the change change now.No one can help you, but YOURSELF.
Have I left something important off my list? Do tell me in the comments below ^_^